7 Facts about bacteria on the hands
- Wet hands spread 1,000 times more bacteria than dry hands.
- Bacteria can survive on hands for up to 3 hours
- 2,097,152 bacteria can be produced by just 1 bacterium in 7 hours on your hand!
- Research shows that regular hand washing or disinfecting can help reduce illness by 50%.
- Transmission of disease through the hands is a major problem in children who touch their nose and mouth after coming into contact with an infected surface.
- Poor hand hygiene leads to disease transmission or cross-contamination. As a result, cross-contamination can most likely lead to absenteeism and affect productivity.
- When you enter a washroom, the main hotspots where hands come into contact with bacteria are the toilet seat, the cubicle door handle, the flush button and the exit door handle.